- 1Minimum Deposit to Qualify $20.00 Maximum Deposit for Bonus $1,000.00 Maximum Bonus $2,500.00 Winnings in Cash or Bonus Cash Payment providers Avg Withdrawal Time Casino 1-2 Days iOS App Android App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply.2Minimum Deposit to Qualify $10.00 Maximum Deposit for Bonus $1,000.00 Maximum Bonus $1,000.00 Winnings in Cash or Bonus Bonus Payment providers Avg Withdrawal Time Casino 1-3 Business Days iOS App Android App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply.3Minimum Deposit to Qualify $10.00 Maximum Deposit for Bonus $1,000.00 Maximum Bonus $1,000.00 Winnings in Cash or Bonus Cash Payment providers Avg Withdrawal Time Casino 2-5 Days iOS App Android App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply.4Minimum Deposit to Qualify $20.00 Maximum Deposit for Bonus $1,500.00 Maximum Bonus $5,000.00 Winnings in Cash or Bonus Cash Payment providers Avg Withdrawal Time Casino 1-2 Days iOS App Android App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply.5Minimum Deposit to Qualify $20.00 Maximum Deposit for Bonus $1,000.00 Maximum Bonus $1,000.00 Winnings in Cash or Bonus Bonus Payment providers Avg Withdrawal Time Casino 1-3 Days iOS App Android App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply.
Benefits of Using Maestro for Casino Players in New Zealand
There are plenty of reasons why Maestro is the payment method of choice for so many NZ casino players. The first is the fact that it’s such a well-established, trusted payment type. As the card is from MasterCard, Maestro users are assured of an entirely safe, secure experience.
Speed is another key factor. There is no time at all between making a Maestro deposit and the funds appearing in your online casino balance. Casino withdrawals are pretty quick too. The time frame for these is typically advertised as one to three working days, but in our experience, the funds should reach your bank account within a day or two.
That touches on another benefit of using Maestro at one of the fastest payout online casinos. When you make a withdrawal, the funds go directly into your bank account, as opposed to a third party wallet which must then be transferred to your bank. It’s a great user experience.
Maestro is one of the easiest payment methods to use at the best NZ online casinos too, allowing you to bet on your favourite casino game fairly quickly. There’s no need to link an additional payment method or download an extra app in order to use it. Simply by following the steps we outlined above, you can use your Maestro card within seconds and play at an online casino for real money.
How to Use Maestro at an Online Casino
Using Maestro to make payments at a Kiwi casino is as easy as it gets. It’s a payment method which can be used for both deposits and withdrawals, so it covers everything a casino player needs. As Maestro is such a popular type of bank card, many people have one already.
The user-friendly aspects of using Maestro range from adding it to your new casino account right through to making your withdrawal request. We have outlined the steps involved when it comes to adding a Maestro card to your new online casino account below.
Good for high-rollersTime to Set UpGood for small depositsKYC Info Required
- Go to the Cashier and Choose Maestro - Most casinos will have a button on their site clearly labelled as ‘Deposit’. The rest will have a cashier section which will either have its own position on the homepage or will be in the account section. Here, choose Maestro from the list of options and enter your card details – number, expiry date, name and billing address for the card.
- Enter How Much You Want to Deposit - Most online casinos will display the minimum and maximum deposit amount for Maestro users on site. A $10 minimum deposit is quite common, while some will allow deposits for less. Enter your amount, and your deposit will reflect in your chosen currency.
- Enter your Promo/Bonus Code (If You Have One) - If you have a promo code for your casino bonus, there will be a clearly titled field for that to be entered. This is case sensitive, and we usually recommend copy and pasting it to avoid typos and missing out on your welcome bonus, bonus spins or deposit bonus.
- Click Submit - Hit the ‘Submit’ or ‘Deposit’ button and that’s it. Thanks to Maestro’s speed, your deposit will be made instantly and the funds added to your casino balance right away for you to enjoy your favourite casino games.
Maestro Live Dealer Casinos
Live dealer casinos offer a truly unique gaming experience with table games. Live casino games are available in real time, giving an experience like you’re in an actual casino, but from the comfort of your home or wherever you choose to play on mobile.
Accessing top live casino games like live roulette, live poker and live blackjack online is made even easier by using Maestro as your payment method. As a secure banking option, players can take advantage of the often higher deposit and withdrawal limits to play in a way that suits their bankroll.
Leading Maestro Pokies Sites
Playing slot games, like other casino games, should be fun. Maestro’s speed and ease of use means that you can have fun playing the best online pokies within seconds of depositing money. With no additional steps required to process a payment, Maestro makes depositing and withdrawing to and from an online casino very easy.
Whether you’re looking for real money pokies online, Megaways pokies, progressive jackpots or old fruit machine-style classics, you’ll find them and more at the top Maestro slot sites.
The following list of casinos will all feature the most wanted pokies in New Zealand.Slots X 1500Mobile Slot Games X 1500Total Slot Providers X 25Mobile Slot Providers X 2518+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply. Opt in, deposit min $10. We Match 100% of your first 3 deposits up to a total of $500 each in Casino Bonus Funds, 3 day expiry. Also get 150 Free Spins with each deposit, 7 days expiry. Geo Restrictions.
Top Maestro Casino Bonuses
The range of casino bonuses available to new players is huge. These bonuses can come in many forms – a matched deposit bonus, bonus funds, free spins, a casino no deposit bonus or cash back offers. Often the best casino free spins offers will come as part of a welcome package or as a way of promoting a specific game.
Using some payment methods will exclude you from being able to access these casino bonuses. However, we are yet to find an NZ casino which excludes Maestro from the best online casino bonuses.
Greatest Maestro Mobile Casinos
Maestro ranks as one of the easiest payment methods to use at the best mobile casinos. All that’s needed in order to register your card is the card number, expiry date and name on the card. Once the card has been registered, it’s saved to your account. Whether you’re using a casino app or mobile casino site, depositing and withdrawing is easily managed in the account section.
Some payment methods may require you to access the payment provider’s site to make a payment, but that is not the case with Maestro. The only time you’ll be directed away from the mobile casino is to verify the payment, if the issuing bank has that feature activated.
Here are some of our favourite mobile casino sites.Mobile Casino Games 1700Mobile Pokies 1500iOS Casino AppAndroid Casino App18+, New Customers Only, Play Responsibly, T&Cs apply. Opt in, deposit min $10. We Match 100% of your first 3 deposits up to a total of $500 each in Casino Bonus Funds, 3 day expiry. Also get 150 Free Spins with each deposit, 7 days expiry. Geo Restrictions.
Best High Roller Maestro Casinos
Many online casino high rollers choose to use Maestro. Because it’s such a secure payment method, there are less security risks for the casinos, which means they can allow a higher maximum deposit and withdrawal amount compared to many other payment methods.
Each online casino will have different payment limits of course, but in our experience, Maestro ranks up there with Visa as being the banking method with the highest limits. For high rollers and VIPs, these limits are often higher than for other players too, making Maestro a go-to for many.
Security and Safety of Maestro at Online Casinos
Because Maestro is issued by MasterCard via banks, users are benefitting from one of the safest and most secure payment methods possible. By using it at one of our recommended online casinos, your card details will be kept entirely secure, just as they would be at casinos that accept MasterCard. Online casinos often use firewalls and SSL encryption to ensure players’ payment information remains safe.
For that extra layer of protection, online casinos may be obliged to fulfil strict KYC procedures. This is to ensure all players are using a payment method which belongs to them and that they are legally old enough to play.
Pros and Cons of Using Maestro for Online GamblingProsMaestro is accepted at the majority of top online casinos.It is one of the most secure payment methods around.Deposits are instant and usually fee free.ConsWithdrawals are slower than some other payment methods.
Alternative Deposit Methods
Maestro is just one of a number of payment methods players can use at online casinos in New Zealand. Here are some of the alternative payment methods you will find at Maestro casino sites:
- PayPal | One of the best-known e-wallet payment options out there. You usually won't be required to input your personal details when signing up to casinos with PayPal deposit facilities.
- Debit cards | Other debit cards are also widely used in NZ. Therefore the best casinos that accept Visa Electron deposits will be similar to those that use Maestro.
- Bitcoin | A very widely used cryptocurrency for online gambling, Bitcoin gives players anonymity and unmatched privacy and security thanks to its blockchain technology.
- Wire transfer | Transferring funds via a network of banks or transfer agencies around the world, conducted electronically.
- Trustly | A digital currency that is fast and secure, allowing players to use their bank account to access funds.
- Skrill | Formerly called Moneybookers, Skrill is one of the most popular e-wallets at online casinos.
- Neteller | Great for fast payouts and used all over the world, Neteller is part of the PaySafe Group which also owns Skrill.
- PaySafeCard | A prepaid voucher found across New Zealand, containing a 16-digit PIN code which can be used to fund online casino accounts.
- Apple Pay | An increasingly common deposit method given it is pre-loaded onto Apple iOS devices.
- Payz | Formerly known as ecoPayz, Payz is a secure online payments service with no credit checks required.
- Sofort | A safe online payment system using your familiar online banking details, particularly in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Belgium. Similar options include WebMoney, AstroPay and GiroPay.
- MuchBetter | An award-winning e-wallet app.
- Payforit | Lets you fund your account using your phone bill or prepaid balance.
How We Rate and Review Maestro on Casinos.com
Here at Casinos.com, our team of professional casino players and casino experts are constantly on the lookout for the latest casino news and the best new casinos.
Their years of casino experience mean they can tell the difference between a good Kiwi online casino and the best NZ online casinos. Our team of experts are casino players, too, so they know exactly what pain points casino players have, including when it comes to payment methods.
Casinos.com will fairly and objectively point out any drawbacks of using a particular payment method, whether it’s an established one like Maestro or a newer one, and are knowledgeable enough to steer you towards the best casinos that accept your chosen payment method.
Maestro InformationEmail/contact details https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/get-support.htmlGambling GEO AT, CA, CH, DE, GB, IE, IT, NL, NO, NZ, SE, USWebsite www.mastercard.co.nz/en-nz.htmlNumber of employees 13000CEO Ajaypal Singh BangaKYC Info RequiredRequires Physical CardHeadquarters and other locations CaliforniaOwned by other company Mastercard
Meet The AuthorJohn BonelloContent Editor
With a passion for words, John is always thinking about what to write next. He has over 12 years of experience working with online content and as an Editor at Casinos.com, John makes sure that readers get the latest and most accurate information about the online gambling industry.Read Full Bio
FAQsHow long does it take to deposit money at an online casino with Maestro?
Depositing money at an online casino with Maestro is instant. There is no processing time at all. As soon as you submit your request for a deposit, the funds should be in your casino balance immediately and ready for you to use.How long does it take to withdraw money from a casino onto my Maestro account?
The length of time it takes for a Maestro withdrawal to be processed depends on the issuing bank. The time frame is generally advertised as one to three working days. In our experience, it’s usually on the lower end of that scale.Do I have to pay a deposit and withdrawal fee with Maestro at an online casino?
Fees are generally charged on a bank by bank basis, so you may need to check with your bank to be sure. Maestro is a payment method which usually doesn’t have any fees attached for using at an online casino, but it’s best to check to avoid disappointment.When depositing with Maestro, do I have to withdraw to Maestro too?
For security reasons, withdrawals must be made to your Maestro card if that was the deposit method used on your casino account. Additionally, the Maestro card must be in your own name. This is a security measure at online casinos and players may be obliged to provide proof of card ownership.Can I use Maestro to deposit at mobile casinos?
Yes, Kiwi players can use Maestro to deposit at mobile casinos. The process is very straightforward. Once you have added Maestro to your casino account, the details will likely be saved, securely. Next time you want to deposit on mobile, you won’t need to enter your card details, so the process will take seconds.Is Maestro safe to use at online casinos?
Yes, Maestro is entirely safe to use at online casinos. The best online casinos have a wide range of security measures in place to protect players – keeping player data and payment information secure. While your card number may be saved for convenience, your CV2 number is not stored, for additional security.Can I claim casino bonuses and offers with Maestro?
Depositing money at an online casino with Maestro should make you eligible for their casino bonus and welcome bonus offers. The terms and conditions for welcome bonus will differ from site to site, but it is usually specific e-wallets that are excluded from accessing welcome offers.Do Maestro casinos accept other banking methods?
NZ casinos that accept Maestro will likely have a wide range of deposit and withdrawal methods available for their players. These can be e-wallets, vouchers such as Paysafecard, cryptocurrencies or even other kinds of debit cards. Other methods may not have the same benefits as Maestro though.
Ask the experts
Need expert help? Ask a question and one of our in-house experts will get back to you...